For my online friends who have been deleting their Vero accounts because of its CEO’s dodgy past, I admire your idealism but it’s a bit like saying donuts are bad – because, carbs and sugar – whilst you continue to eat bread, cereal, pasta, cakes and cookies every day. If you want to only deal with companies that have a clean record on ethics and morality, if you want to sleep easy at night knowing that you have not helped to support discriminatory, non-inclusive, exploitative, morally offensive practices, then I suggest you should review the truth behind these good things that you probably quite like:
- Subscription-based streaming of TV and movies to your living room.
- The ability to order a hot meal delivered in the next hour from your mobile device.
- The ability to order a cab in the next 5 minutes from your phone.
- Subscription-based streaming of virtually all music ever produced.
- Cheap books or any other consumer product, delivered to you by tomorrow.
- The ability to share your words, pictures, news articles and cat videos with your friends, family and colleagues all around the world.